Monday, March 5, 2012

Yes, there is another yarn shop in my very near future.  Joe has gently pushed me in that direction for 4 1/2 years.  I had politely declined. (that part about the yarn shop owner never getting to knit is fairly true)  I have always missed getting BOXES and BOXES of yarn and other wonderful things delivered though.  So, here we go. 

From almost Day 1, everything will be posted here as a journal for fun and memories to be enjoyed later.

UPDATE
As I type, an attorney is reviewing our lease agreement for a space in the College Park Village strip center.  It is anchored by Russo's New York Pizzaria, McCalister's Deli and Wang's Bistro. (I have a feeling I am going to really like Wang's)  

We are meeting this week with a contractor who will be putting a classroom and small kitchen area into the space along with a floor and painting.  This is going to be the fun part!  Joe is a very willing partner with stuff like this. We are going to have a cottage/shabby chic decor in the shop!  A wall color has been chosen and I have an idea about a fabulous floor.  


This is the photo that inspired the cottage decor for the shop


 

We picked up two vintage rockers Saturday.  One is definitely going to be "shabbied" in spite of Joe's lament about painting a wood.  You know how men are about wood.  It will soon be a pale shade with a lovely covered cushion - maybe a ruffle.  



This is a tiny little chair but very comfortable.  I don't have an idea for it yet but will be thinking about it.





Oh yeah, I will be posting some knitting here too. 

4 comments:

  1. The fun has just begun!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you and jealous at the same time that you are not opening one here!!! You are a wonderful proprietor and I know you will be successful in this adventure/endeavor!!! Congratulations! Please keep up the blog so we can check out your progress! Love the picture of how you are going to set it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait to visit the new shop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb, thank you! My heart will always be with y'all!

    I want everyone to be in on what goes into opening a shop. It's fun but a lot of work - definitely worth it all! The fun part for me hasn't started yet! I hope to see y'all soon.

    ReplyDelete