Monday, March 19, 2012

Shop Update and Big Cuddly Bunny

The lease agreement has gone back to Owner for a last negotiation. There wasn't anything in the last version that Joe and I couldn't live with but both Barbara and Jeremy thought it needed to go back one more time. They are watching out for us. Hoping to sign SOON. We got a very good bid from Maurice. He is adding a couple of things and will present a final bid. (Maurice's bid was just over 1/2 of the first bid, BTW) We are wanting him to be ready to start with his crew when we get the keys! His time estimate for the buildout is 3 weeks.

When Maurice finishes, our work begins in the shop - placing large orders, working on displays, accepting deliveries and getting everything priced and into inventory. Joe and I will be working on furnishings in the afternoons also. I can hardly wait to see it all come together!

I had asked Lantern Moon to hold my order (paid for it, of course) but they wanted to send it on to my home address. With the Knit N Needle, orders from them went on backorder and took awhile to get. That's not the case any more BUT they do have everything now but may not in 2 months. I WANT this order in the shop when it opens, so, here it comes. (what's another 2 - 4 large boxes in the hallway or yarn room)


A LITTLE BUNNY KNITTING

The Big Cuddly Bunny that's knit in chunky yarn looks so cute knit in sock yarn on #1 needles. Sock yarn Bunny is 4" tall and 8.25 inches around. I followed the basics of the pattern not changing the numbers in any way; I did not purl on the bottom. I knitted all of it, preferring the stockinette version.

I have pictures!

He's stuffed and the top of his head is kitchenered. There is a typo on Bunny's right ear Round 13 - it should say "(Kfb, K9) 2 times. After knitting the second ear, leave at least a 12 inch tail to use to Kitchener the top of Bunny's head. Makes it easier.... Also, at each end of both double points, pick up one stitch at the side of the ears. You won't have to do any sewing there when you are finished.

I used pellets to stuff Bunny to give him stability. Using a small funnel and a teaspoon made it easy!

When you stuff Bunny, keep shaking him and stuffing pellets down. Bunny will take more pellets than you think. Once, Bunny is pretty full, stuff the top of the head with fiberfill (I used cotton balls, pulling them apart and really pressed them in).

Now, my Bunny just needs a cute face - some button eyes, a nose and whiskers. I have another Bunny OTN! An Easter Basket with several of these tucked in will look fabulous!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment