Friday, March 9, 2012

Lease

I have not been able to get on the Internet all day! We have satellite Internet service at home (that's what we get for living out in the middle of nowhere). I am not sure if the problem was the bad weather or the solar storm that has been blasting Earth all day. I am hoping this will post.

Yesterday, I met with knitting friends, Cindy and Jo Anne, at Barnes and Noble for lunch and knitting. It was an overcast, rainy kind of day that drew many people into the bookstore to be with friends over a nice hot coffee. We have been knitting the beautiful Tea Cosy in the new NORO book as a KAL. Mine will be a display in the shop. I have ordered lots of that NORO colorway; It came in 2 days ago. I think it will be a popular knit project.

 

I stopped by the future iPurl on the way home and took a quick pic -

Today was, again, all about lease negotiations and a contractor proposal. I think we are in the very FINAL lease negotiations. Thank goodness for a super commercial realtor, Barbara, and commercial real estate attorney, Jeremy, I don't have the patience for this sort of thing. We could not do this without them. By the way, it is 38 pages of legal talk. I am not kidding!

Next up is the build out of the interior of the space. We don't want a lot. At least I didn't think so. Proposal is $21K +. We will be working to get that down to a more reasonable amount. Thank God for Joe! This is his expertise.

Joe and I are going to look at flooring and cabinets tomorrow. Also meeting Wade and Christa, along with Hannah, Aiden, Audrey and Halaina, for dinner tomorrow evening for Halaina's 6th Birthday! It will be fun!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment