Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Thursday Update

Maurice called with a few problems. 

Electricity is on but the air conditioning will not come on at all. Evidently, it has never been connected to power. The InstaHot in the bathroom is not connected to electric either. If you turn on the light switch in the bathroom, it blows the breakers. Maurice had called Jason at AMReit and he had said those issues were our responsibility now. I called Barbara. Those very points were negotiated in the lease. Thank God for Jeremy! I am sure it will all be resolved soon.

I went by yesterday around lunch but Maurice and crew had worked early and were gone. (I have never seen them working - beginning to wonder if they are like the shoemaker's elves). It looks good. The only thing needing to be addressed is that the kitchen area is very dark. There isn't a light fixture in the kitchen. When the classroom walls went up, one wall blocked the light from the fixture that is now in the classroom. I asked Maurice to put a fixture in the kitchen.

I picked up more paint yesterday - pure white and two colors - and have been painting half the day. Little hutch is very nearly finished. Joe bought shiny new casters for little hutch. Waxed the chair - not sure how I feel about the waxing. Maybe I will like it better tomorrow.

Friday, we are celebrating Cindy's birthday over TexMex and margaritas. Saturday AM, Joe and I are going to Ikea to get shelves - lots of shelves. Sunday, we are picking up the table and chairs for the knitting area. We really need to get a fridge this weekend too. Monday, phones and Internet are being installed. And so it begins...

 

Middle looking to the front windows

 

Middle looking to the back

Kitchen is in the back left corner - a bit dark




Outside corner of classroom

Knitting area will go in front of this wall




Maurice has completed the work on the inside for us. I am meeting him in the morning. Will take pics.




 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Gina! It is cheerful and happy. I am really liking it too. Fits in with the cottage look we are attempting.

    ReplyDelete