Sunday, May 13, 2012

My Mother's Day

We were at Ikea at first crack of daylight...... Well, not that early but it seemed like it! I can say I have never seen so few cars and people at Ikea since I have never been there when they opened. Twelve Billy shelves will fit in the back of Joe's truck although it felt like the front wheels were barely meeting the pavement. That kept me from napping on the way back.

Joe at Ikea
Those boxes are deceiving - they don't look like they would be that heavy! It took both of us to unload and carry them into the shop ONE AT A TIME! When assembled (Joe's job) they will be almost 36 feet of shelving.



Chairs with spindles are slow-painting. I have 2 chairs painted and 6 more to go. I am not sure about this color; I must have picked up the wrong can? Painting is more fun when you like the color - just like knitting.

 

My Mother's Day present from Joe is tickets to Saturday's Astros game against the Rangers! Our seats are BEHIND home plate on the 7th row! I am so excited! I have a wonderful husband! (I love baseball)

No comments:

Post a Comment