Sunday, October 7, 2012

Sunday Afternoon

It is a beautiful, cool Sunday morning! Finally, cooler weather has arrived if only for a few days. When the weather turns cooler, I like to knit a new sweater for Bella!

I look forward to our Sunday afternoons more than ever now that I am working all week. It is a day of rest for us, doing the things we enjoy together. Today, I cooked chili and cookie dough brownies for dessert. If I am tired, Joe is happy to cook or grill.

We are settling in for a day of football, knitting for me and at some point an afternoon nap!


I have several projects in my knitting basket -

1) The red Wallaby in Ultra Pima for shop display (finished today)

2) Alexis' Wallaby in Sierra for the Wallaby class that started Friday (have to stay on track with the class)

3) my Color Affection/Affliction/Addiction (whatever you are calling it) for the shop KAL (really enjoying it)

4) a scarf yarn in Halloween colors that I know I will want to wear in the next couple of weeks (finished today)

I will finish two of my projects this weekend and I am not planning to add more for now! Too many projects OTN causes me to feel pressured. I never do knitting for Christmas! The Holidays are hectic enough without adding the pressure of finishing knitted gifts. I usually start knitting ornament covers out of leftover sock yarn just for fun - they are quick and easy! I knit for enjoyment and relaxation most of the time!

I am looking forward to knitting for the grandchild that is on the way. My daughter, Pam, is expecting her 3rd child in April. I am waiting until they know girl or boy before starting to cast on! Baby knitting is pure enjoyment!

Cindy and I will both be in the shop on Halloween. We have decided to be in costume! We will have munchies and hot apple cider for everyone. We hope that you will join us for knitting and fun! More about this as we get closer to the date!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment