Sunday, September 2, 2012

Welcome September

It's hard to believe it is already September! There is no hint of Fall in our weather, of course. Hot is the only word needed for our forecast! Even though it is very hot, we know that cooler temps are coming and it's time to start our knitting if we want to have some nice cozy items ready.

We have been very busy as I am sure you have guessed! I don't know where the days have gone. I am knitting pumpkin hats this weekend, writing up the pattern while I am at it. It's a very simple little hat with a stem on top in 3 sizes. It will be on display at the shop soon with the pattern provided to those who want to knit one or several! It knits up very quickly! We are anxious to start decorating for Halloween at iPurl!

I am specifically knitting a pumpkin hat for grandson Jack. Jack loves pumpkins, always has, and Joe and I think of Jack a lot every year at this time. Every couple of years, Jack needs a new knitted pumpkin hat as he wears them out!

I am still knitting the Wallaby in between other items. We have decided to order another cotton yarn for the shop. I was not impressed with Sierra (5 sts = 1 inch) in the hank but I swatched with it and it is truly lovely having great stitch definition and a very nice "feel" to it! Fiber content is 80% Pima cotton and 20% wool, with the wool keeping it light. It is available in a great selection of colors so it's darn near perfect. A nice selection of colors will be available soon! Sierra will make fabulous Wallabies!!

Joe and I wish everyone a safe and wonderful holiday weekend. I look forward to seeing everyone next week!

P.S. there are some GREAT yarns arriving in the shop next mid-week. We will try and have them all on the shelves by Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment